Okay, you’ve been thinking about it for a while now. You’ve even tried on a few Red Cape-y behaviors, like dropping the ball or getting crazy curious. Now it’s time to do the stuff we’re all here for. It’s time to bring those superpowers to work. But how?
Okay, I’ll tell you. In my next several posts, I’ll share some tangible, easy tips that you can use right now to help you bring your superpowers to work.
But before I share those, you probably have questions, natch. Here are the ones I hear most often:
- “Can I bring my superpowers to my current work, even if my job/company/boss/industry sucks for air?”
- “Do I have to find a new job/company/profession/life to use my superpowers? And if I do, how the heck can I possibly do that in this economy?”
- “Can I really make a living when I use my superpowers, or do I have to wear sackcloth and take a pledge of poverty?”
- ‘What, are you nuts?”
So some answers:
Yes, you can bring your superpowers to your work right now, exactly where you’re currently planted.
After all, why wait? Chances are that you’re reading this blog because you’re not completely happy with one or more of the following: what you’re doing, where you’re working, or who you’re working with.
So if the status quo isn’t doing it for you, using your superpowers can move you into “status go!”
You don’t have to find a new job/company/profession/life to use your superpowers.
In a highly unscientific tally of my clients, readers and audience members who’ve told me their superpower stories, I found that:
- Around 25% chose to move on to new opportunities right away;
- Another quarter put a plan in place to make a move in the next 2-3 years; and
- The remaining 50% found ways to do things differently right in the job where they are. No resume required.
Either way, don’t get ahead of yourself. When you bring your superpowers to work and stay in your superpower space, you’ll know what’s right for you.
[…] can bring your own superpowers to work, right now. If you missed the introduction to this series, catch it here! And be sure to leave a reply at the end of the article with your questions or comments, or tell us […]
[…] of six posts on simple, practical ways you can bring your own superpowers to work, right now. Read the introduction here, and the first tip, Brag on Yourself, here! And be sure to leave a reply at the end of the article […]
[…] Read the introduction here. […]