Okay, you’ve been thinking about it for a while now. You’ve even tried on a few Red Cape-y behaviors, like dropping the ball or getting crazy curious. Now it’s time to do the stuff we’re all here for. It’s time to bring those superpowers to work. But how?
Okay, I’ll tell you. In my next several posts, I’ll share some tangible, easy tips that you can use right now to help you bring your superpowers to work.
But before I share those, you probably have questions, natch. Here are the ones I hear most often:
- “Can I bring my superpowers to my current work, even if my job/company/boss/industry sucks for air?”
- “Do I have to find a new job/company/profession/life to use my superpowers? And if I do, how the heck can I possibly do that in this economy?”
- “Can I really make a living when I use my superpowers, or do I have to wear sackcloth and take a pledge of poverty?”
- ‘What, are you nuts?”
So some answers:
Yes, you can bring your superpowers to your work right now, exactly where you’re currently planted. After all, why wait? Chances are that you’re reading this blog because you’re not completely happy with one or more of the following: what you’re doing, where you’re working, or who you’re working with. So if the status quo isn’t doing it for you, using your superpowers can move you into “status go!”
You don’t have to find a new job/company/profession/life to use your superpowers. In a highly unscientific tally of my clients, readers and audience members who’ve told me their superpower stories, I found that:
- Around 25% chose to move on to new opportunities right away;
- Another quarter put a plan in place to make a move in the next 2-3 years; and
- The remaining 50% found ways to do things differently right in the job where they are. No resume required.
Either way, don’t get ahead of yourself. When you bring your superpowers to work and stay in your superpower space, you’ll know what’s right for you.
(And yes, I am a little nuts–but in a good way.)
Sound good? Keep watching the blog for our tips, and try them out! Or make it easy on yourself –give us your name and email in the boxes at the top of the page, and we’ll start sending you our twice-monthly Community News that summarizes all the good stuff for you! That way you won’t miss a thing. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll also receive our 12-day, quick tips series, “Reinvent Your Life at Work.” And it’s all free for you, your friends and colleagues (we love it when you share–use the icons below) as our thanks for being here and being part of our growing community!