I’m Darcy Eikenberg, and I teach leaders how to help their people succeed & grow.
And when your people grow, your career grows too.
As an executive coach for people leaders and their teams, I’ve worked with leaders at companies all over the world, including The Coca-Cola Company, Mondelēz, Morning Brew, State Farm, PwC, Discover and others. I’m a former partner in global human resources consulting firm Hewitt Associates (now part of Aon) as well as a keynote speaker and author of two books, most recently “Red Cape Rescue: Save Your Career Without Leaving Your Job.”
I’ve written for the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, ThriveGlobal, Florida Business Observer, and of course, here at RedCapeRevolution.com, with additional content sent privately (& free) each week to our 5000+ Insiders. My ideas have been shared in Fortune, US News, WSJ Women In, Newsweek, Morning Brew, and on multiple podcasts and TV broadcasts across the country. Finally, I’m a graduate of Northwestern University, a guest lecturer at Florida Gulf Coast University, and earned my Professional Certified Coach (PCC) designation from the International Coaching Federation.
In addition to private leadership coaching for key talent and teams, Darcy Eikenberg leads onsite & virtual programs for executives, managers of managers, and other professionals, including:
- Retention Roundtable: uncovering fresh ways to retain & grow teams across the organization, increasing belonging and accelerating cross-company conversation.
- Tough Conversation Tutoring: focused not only on what to say, when, but how to manage our own mindset and emotions when it comes to saying hard things, often to good people.
- Stay Strategies Program: implementing tools & ideas leaders and employees can work together to increase retention, engagement, and well-being at work. I also speak on this topic at leadership conferences (see my vid in the Featured section.)
Darcy also speaks, teaches and facilitates (in person and online) at:
• Leader, manager, employee or team development retreats and meetings
• Customer & client appreciation events
• Department or affinity group events
• Professional & trade association workshops & conferences
Old-fashioned “leadership development” isn’t helping us lead our people in the new world of work. Schedule time to talk to Darcy Eikenberg and get the support you need. You’re not alone.
If you’re curious, here’s more about me, Darcy Eikenberg:
The mall owner had rigged up a microphone at the mailbox and behind a little curtain a floor above. I had to watch the mailbox behind the curtain, and when a child got close enough, I needed to speak.
Needless to say, this was often a disturbing situation for the child, who’d simply intended to drop Santa’s letter and get on with the toy ogling elsewhere.
But somehow, I managed to draw them in. Have a few sweet chats. Help them verbalize in front of Mom what they really wanted in their stocking that year.
Perhaps that was the start of my communication-focused career, one that included working as a reporter, advertising writer, association marketer and consulting leader to Fortune 500 companies. (For the detailed history, check out my LinkedIn profile here and let’s connect. Be sure to tell me you saw me here so I don’t think you’re some random spamalot.)
Why I started the Red Cape Revolution (and what the heck does that mean)
Just for fun, three quirky things about me, Darcy Eikenberg
1. The last time I moved, I didn’t install TV. And I don’t miss it. Don’t get me wrong—I hold no moral high ground (I was a trash TV junkie—a habit I find isn’t broken when I’m on the road in a hotel room.) But I now read a lot more, sleep better, and have about $1,200 extra dollars at the end of the year.
2. It took me years to say “I’m a writer,” although my friend Tom and I published a neighborhood newspaper when we were about seven. We’d make copies at his dad’s office and sell them door-to-door in his red wagon. I haven’t stopped writing since.
I write the way I speak—about real life, real-world struggles and strategies in our new world of work. If you like the way I speak, I hope you’ll think of me when you need someone to speak at your company meeting or professional event. If you like the way I write, I’d love you to sign up to be an Insider (free) and get my stories, tools, and strategies to help you change your life at work for the better, for good.
3. When I’m not working with my awe-inspiring clients or creating juicy tools targeted to their needs, you can usually find me reading or doing something interesting in my Southwest Florida community, including serving as a board member for several local groups, spending time with my mom, or just hanging at the beach.
Have a question? Want to talk about working with me?