Once again, it’s Independence Day in the United States of America. It’s a good time to remind ourselves of all the ways we can exercise our independence, especially in our career. So, in honor of the thirteen original colonies that bravely started this union, here are thirteen ideas (plus tools) you can use this holiday weekend to create your own career independence.
13 Ways to Create Career Independence
1. Get clarity about who you are and what you want.
3. Practice what to say to build your confidence (click here for our free downloadable tool.)
5. Update your LinkedIn profile, including a photo (get over yourself–seeing your face matters). Add a great headline telling the world who you are and what you do. (See mine and link with me here.)
6. Create a vision for your future. Take one baby step toward it.
7. Turn off the TV and read a good career book (like this one).
8. Share a good business book with your boss or another influencer in your career.
9. Stop saying you’re stuck. Get unstuck.
11. Learn how to fall back in love with your job.
13. Take the next step to move forward and join me for a confidential consultation where you can ask questions, get honest answers, and get a taste of how professional coaching support can help you move forward, faster. Start here.