What People Say
“After working with Darcy as a career coach, I had a clear objective of the steps I needed to take and was excited about the future of my career.” –Karen Stewart, Atlanta, GA
“Darcy provided specific, direct advice on how to get on the right track” –Raj Kumar, Dallas, TX
“One thing I appreciated most about Darcy is that she helped me find ‘action items’ in each of our conversations and she challenged me to follow through with them.” –Blair Williamson, College Station, TX
“I recommend Darcy to any individual or organization serious about finding the best in themselves and building a strong base for future growth.”–Ron Von-Wald, Minneapolis
Not sure if a coaching chat with me is right for you? It is if you . . .
- You’ve been successful in the past but you’re not feeling so successful right now. You’re ready to make your next big career decision, but you’re not sure where to start.
- You need a safe, confidential place to try out new ideas and road test future conversations you know you need to have if you want to get what you want at work.
- You’re feeling stuck in a situation at work, and can’t seem to make the right things happen to see change.
- You’re not quite sure what you need, but something’s flashing “warning!” in your company, in your profession, or in your own brain.
- You love what you do, and want to make the most of your life at work by growing your impact and creating more opportunities.
- You just need a trusted, safe sounding board to being to map out next steps and you’re wondering if a professional coaching relationship might be the resource you need.
What’s it like working with you as my career coach?
As a career coach for leaders & high performing professionals, my role is to create the structure and space to help you become the hero of your own life at work. So I guess I’m Yoda, only with fewer wrinkles and much easier to understand. (But I do live near a swamp.)
The best way to learn more about my coaching is to experience it live. Start here to schedule a coaching consultation.
- Warm & funny;
- Collaborative and creatively resourceful;
- “My secret business weapon;”
- Deeply empathic and caring but not nutty-crunchy;
- High-energy and never boring;
- Results-oriented while still being realistic.
I’ve been told I am “the complete package of aspirational and practical,” with the abilities to help you think bigger while not letting the future get in the way of taking action now.
You sound nice, but how are you qualified to do what you do?
I’ve got many stories from my past experience as a business leader, Fortune 100 consultant, and from my years of helping coach people so they get the results they need. Happy to tell you some of them when we talk.
But officially, you’ll see three letters after my name: PCC. That means I’m a Professional Certified Coach, which is awarded by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the leading nonprofit organization for the serious professionals in my business.
In order to obtain this certification, it takes hundreds of hours of training in the art, science, and practice of professional coaching (yes, it’s more than just talking).
Plus, the credential represents over 750 hours of documented coaching with clients (90% of which must be paid for by the client, so you can’t just count conversations over cocktails your friends.) It also requires live testing and long-term work with your own mentor coach.
In a world overrun with people calling themselves “coaches,” there are fewer than 6,000 people around the world who’ve reached this level of professional excellence. I’m proud to be one of them.
In 2018, I was also invited to join the Forbes Coaches Council, and regularly share thought leadership on Forbes.com. I still write for Forbes and have access to their resources worldwide, which I often bring to my clients. (To read my Forbes articles (and other places where I’ve been quoted), visit my media page. )
How do I know I need a coach?
Good question. My clients are typically successful professionals who are:
- Wrestling through major change, whether positive (such as business growth), or negative (such customer loss or personal stress).
- Newly promoted or hired & needing to get productive fast.
- Experienced in their technical subject but needing to grow their business acumen, communication & people skills.
- Leading or a key part of a team that must work better together to achieve a business result or goal.
- Weighing their next career decision (whether inside or outside their existing organization) and asking “what’s next for me.”
- Business leaders who know they need to retain and engage the best employees in order to sustain business success–but aren’t sure what to do next.
Is that you? Here’s the deal: if you’re not sure if I can help you, why not accept my invitation to get more information? (it’s free!)
How do we get started?
That’s simple. Just click the button, answer a few questions (there’s no right or wrong answers–this is not a test) and find a time on the provided calendar to get a conversation scheduled.
You don’t have to prepare anything for the call. Just be yourself. I’ll ask you questions, and you can tell me what’s happening for you.
After we’ve talked, if it sounds like I can help you further, I’ll send you details of any coaching programs or courses I recommend, including timing and costs. There’s no pressure–you can say yes or no.
Easy, breezy, red cape peasy.
You’re one call away from creating more peace of mind in your business and career. Schedule a completely confidential coaching consultation (free) here:
Or, you can go old school and just call our office at 404.857.2738. Real people work here, and we love to talk to you.