Building Culture & Connection: Nancy O’Hara of Shaw Development
Drive along Old 41, and you’ll see lots of businesses along the way, as well as the continued construction and growth in our downtown area.
But travel a street over, right around Bernwood, and you might be surprised to find a 65,000 square feet manufacturing and engineering plant. That’s the headquarters for Shaw Development, a global company right here in Bonita Springs that employs over 200 people and runs has an additional 25,000 square foot facility off of Bonita Beach Road. And they’re continuing to expand.
My guest Nancy O’Hara is part of that growth. She’s a third generation family member who’s helping lead this global engineering business into the future by creating a stronger culture of improvement and connection.
In our interview, you’ll hear:
- What Shaw actually does and how they do it
- The kinds of problems they solve with their global customers and how they’re building problem-solving skills across functions
- How they’re building a culture of accountability and appreciation internally to connect different employees in new ways; and
- Why they’ve invested in daily, standup meetings during a time when so much communication has shifted online;
- Their plans for aggressive expansion ahead both locally and globally, and the demand for skilled labor (psst. . . they’re hiring.)
Thanks again to our sponsor, Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti & Rudnick.
Subscribe, Rate & Review on Your Favorite App
We’d love it if you’d subscribe to the podcast on your favorite app. Just hit the logo below. THEN, please rate & review the podcast–it helps us know you’re out there and helps us reach more people!
Our thanks to Antonio Correia at Bonita Video for editing expertise and to Jahann Cherubin for podcast artwork design. Please visit both of these great Southwest Florida businesses!