About this lesson
Now, you’ve made the whispers visible and have more clarity about who you are and what you want. You also know how to create a decision deadline and you’ve started thinking more specifically about what you may need to decide, and by when.
In this lesson, we’ll start the exploration process by looking inside at what might be possible right in your own company, right now. Don’t discount what might be possible where you are–these strategies are proven to open up possibilities you never thought existed. By the end of this lesson, you’ll be armed with a range of strategies to explore that will help you STAY and create change in a way that’s meaningful to you.
Remember to keep using your Questions Plan and Action Log as you go. Have questions or get stuck? Don’t hesitate to email me at any time. Let’s go!
Plus, if you haven’t already downloaded them in the previous lesson:
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown
- Strategies to Find More Time at Work (Video)
- Free Tools to Get More Control Over Your Time
- Plus, as a registration bonus, you have special access to Secrets to Make More Time for You, Your Career & Your Life mini-course. (Your password was sent in email; contact us if you can’t find it.)
- The Corporate Lattice: Achieving High Performance in a Changing World of Work, by Cathleen Benko and Molly Anderson
- Action Sheet: Engage Your Relationships
- How to Network While You Work (planning guide for internal conversations)
- I’ve Written the Networking Emails for You (So You Can Start Now)
For further thought:
- What’s the decision deadline statement you need to create to help you explore inside? (Download the Decision Deadline Worksheet here.)
- Who do you already know who can help you explore inside? (Download the Action Sheet: Engage Your Relationships if you didn’t do that above.)
- What are the open questions you still need to answer to explore inside?
That’s it! Great job! Here are some additional resources if you want to go deeper . . .
- Find a New Job in a Surprising Place: Your Company
- Questions for the Crazy Curious
- Four Questions to Ask to Assess the Risk
Note: any Amazon book links in this lesson are affiliate links, which means if you decide to buy the books from those links, we get a few cents in return. However, we share them here only as a convenience for you.